Monday, September 28, 2009

The ODB (and the other ODB)

I've got two things to say:
1.  Our first menu item: the chow.  Nicknamed the ODB, it is late-night perfection in sandwich form. Take one Pillsbury Butter-Tastin' Flaky Layers Biscuit (yes thats really what they're called), add peppered bacon, and stand back and let the magic happen.  Of course, there are some details of the ODB that have to be kept under wraps until we debut it at our Opening Ceremonies on November 14th, but I will try to sneak a picture of one to you before then if I can.  Yum!
2.  Speaking of ODBs, I just got a big-ass book by tastemaker extraordinaire circa 1940ish-2004, the Helmut Newton.  The book is SUMO, and was originally published ten years ago in a earth-shattering 20" x 27" size.  I just picked up the re-issue (og copies run $15,000) and I have to say that it is stunning.  It'll definitely be available for browsing during Winter Sports nights.  Can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment