Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Ranks

Yes!
Josh Umami has just agreed to a Winter Sports residency.


I thought for a second about likening this to Robert Capa and how he hung with the militia in the Spanish Civil War, but comparing Winter Sports to the Spanish Civil War seems like a no-win situation.  


What I can say is this:  Josh will be our official photographer-in-residence, documenting each night with his magical Polaroid.  I'm looking to him to produce some beautiful artifacts of Winter Sports, and of course asking him to make sure his documentation is completely subjective and his photos make the party look fully and unnaturally awesome.


In exchange for his artsyness, I agreed to try and get a job at an internationally renowned arts foundation so that Umami can leverage this experience to some serious art world coin.  Anyone have any chair positions open?  I'm a hard worker (between the hours of 2 pm and 5 pm) and have strong skills in magazine reading, I'm a polite and unquestioning listener, and I can make a stiff drink.  I'm also really good with dogs.  What kind of Chairmanship does that qualify me for?


...Thanks, Josh!  Looking forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. Workin on it. For some reason it seems impossible to Like anything on the internets unless its on Facebook. Whats up with that I wonder?

    ReplyDelete